Archive - Jul 25, 2012 - News Article
On Wednesday morning, the Poteau High School began testing students who participate in extracurricular activities as part of it's newest policy. Students waited at the entrance to Senior Hall until they were administered a drug test by certified medical personnel. The tests are targeting performance enhancement drugs and illegal narcotics use.
The Excise Board of LeFlore County, Oklahoma has scheduled a regular business meeting for July 27, 2012 at 10 a.m. in the office of the Board of County Commissioners at Poteau, Oklahoma.
1. Approval of minutes from previous Excise Board meetings.
2. approval of request of appropriations.
3. Approval of estimate of needs presented.
4. Old Business.
The Budget Board of LeFlore County has scheduled a regular business meeting on July 31, 2012 at 8:30 a.m. in the office of the Board of County Commissioners at Poteau, Oklahoma.
1. Approval of minutes from previous meetings.
2. Approval of request for appropriations.
3. approval of transfer of appropriations.
4. Meet with Phillip Zearley, Election Board Secretary, concerning pay raise.
5. Discussion and possible action on County Clerk geting a total of $2,000 per month from Fire Department sales tax.
6. Old business.
As heat conditions continue to worsen and drought conditions rise toward extreme, fires, such as brush piles and burning trash, are still being reported.
A burn ban has been in effect since July 3 across the county yet fire and police departments are reporting responding to calls of people burning on their property.
A person is subject to financial and criminal penalties for open burning during a burn ban.