Skip to main content

Afternoon Fire

January 6, 2012

A house on Whitney St. in Poteau suffered major damage after the home caught fire Wednesday afternoon. According to Poteau Fire Chief John Pickle the fire appeared to have been caused by an electrical space heater. No one was home at the time of the fire. Poteau Fire Department put out the blaze while the Poteau Police Department detoured traffic on the heavily traveled roadway.
PDN photo by Kim ross

S M T W T F S
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
31
 
 
 
 
 
Add to calendar
SALLISAW — A four-run eighth inning doomed the Poteau Lady Pirates as they lost 7-4 to the Sallisaw...
PRAGUE — The Spiro Lady Bulldogs softball team bounced back from Thursday's rough road loss to...
KIOWA — The Leflore Savages baseball team had a rally fall short in losing 6-5 to the Kiowa Cowboys...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes