Skip to main content

Afternoon Fire

January 6, 2012

A house on Whitney St. in Poteau suffered major damage after the home caught fire Wednesday afternoon. According to Poteau Fire Chief John Pickle the fire appeared to have been caused by an electrical space heater. No one was home at the time of the fire. Poteau Fire Department put out the blaze while the Poteau Police Department detoured traffic on the heavily traveled roadway.
PDN photo by Kim ross

S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
31
 
 
 
Add to calendar
ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAMS Girls Co-Most Valuable Players — Braden Dorsey, LuAnn Davis, Howe. Howe —...
After not always taking a chance in the Poteau Daily News’ Pigskin Picks Contest, Tobey Thompson...
The Poteau Kick It Club will have a meeting at 5:30 p.m. Monday at Mainstreet Medical, located on...

 

Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes