Skip to main content

Area man escaped injury in weekend house fire

October 15, 2012

A Poteau man escaped injury in an early morning house fire after a Postal worker woke him up and helped get him out of the house.

The home of George Chester, located in the 700 block of Witte Street in Poteau, caught fire at approximately 4 a.m. Saturday morning. According to Poteau Fire Chief Jon Pickel, a postal worker on her way to work saw the fire and was able to wake Chester up and help him get out of the home before he was injured.
The fire is under investigation by the Oklahoma State Fire Marshal's Office.

S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Add to calendar
POCOLA — Tuesday was a good day of softball for the Poteau Lady Pirates as they got two road wins...
TONKAWA — The Carl Albert State College softball team suffered a pair of losses Tuesday afternoon...
COFFEYVILLE, Kan. — The good news for the Carl Albert State College baseball team was that Tuesday...

 

Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes