Skip to main content

Area man escaped injury in weekend house fire

October 15, 2012

A Poteau man escaped injury in an early morning house fire after a Postal worker woke him up and helped get him out of the house.

The home of George Chester, located in the 700 block of Witte Street in Poteau, caught fire at approximately 4 a.m. Saturday morning. According to Poteau Fire Chief Jon Pickel, a postal worker on her way to work saw the fire and was able to wake Chester up and help him get out of the home before he was injured.
The fire is under investigation by the Oklahoma State Fire Marshal's Office.

S M T W T F S
 
 
 
 
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
31
 
 
 
 
 
 
Add to calendar
Behind great hustle plays and 26 points from Eufaula's Alyssa Banks, the Carl Albert State College...
The LeFlore County Soccer Association’s spring 2015 registration is now opened. Registration closes...
There will not be a Week 22 Poteau Daily News’ Pigkin Picks Contest winner due to a technicality on...

 

Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes