Skip to main content

Area man escaped injury in weekend house fire

October 15, 2012

A Poteau man escaped injury in an early morning house fire after a Postal worker woke him up and helped get him out of the house.

The home of George Chester, located in the 700 block of Witte Street in Poteau, caught fire at approximately 4 a.m. Saturday morning. According to Poteau Fire Chief Jon Pickel, a postal worker on her way to work saw the fire and was able to wake Chester up and help him get out of the home before he was injured.
The fire is under investigation by the Oklahoma State Fire Marshal's Office.

S M T W T F S
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
31
 
 
 
 
 
Add to calendar
Tuesday's Playoff Scores Class 4A Regional Tournament At Checotah Boys Consolation Finals Ada 53,...
Monday's Games Class 4A Regional Tournament At Checotah Poteau boys 57, Checotah 48 Class 3A...
Last season, the Whitesboro Bulldogs basketball team found itself one win from making the Class B...

 

Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes