Skip to main content

Fire scare causes evacuation at KTC

January 27, 2014

According to Kiamichi Technology Center spokesperson Laura Harrison, "at approximately 2:50 p.m. on Monday, Kiamichi Technology Center evacuated students and staff due to a fire in the welding shop. Poteau Fire Department was called for assistance. An exhaust filter outside the building was smoldering and pushing smoke into the welding shop. Not knowing where the smoke originated, welding instructor, Dennis Thomas, activated the smoke alarm and students and staff were evacuated."
Harrison said the fire department arrived quickly and the smoldering filter was contained and less than 30 minutes later classes resumed.

Photo submitted

S M T W T F S
 
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
Add to calendar
Tuesday Class B District Baseball Tournament at Buffalo Valley Whitesboro 11, Bokoshe 3 Buffalo...
Baseball Class B District Tournament at Leflore's John Ward Field Leflore 11, McCurtain 0 Leflore...
Heavener’s Jodie Hill was voted the Most Valuable Player of last week’s 2015 LeFlore County Slow-...

 

Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes