Skip to main content

Fire scare causes evacuation at KTC

January 27, 2014

According to Kiamichi Technology Center spokesperson Laura Harrison, "at approximately 2:50 p.m. on Monday, Kiamichi Technology Center evacuated students and staff due to a fire in the welding shop. Poteau Fire Department was called for assistance. An exhaust filter outside the building was smoldering and pushing smoke into the welding shop. Not knowing where the smoke originated, welding instructor, Dennis Thomas, activated the smoke alarm and students and staff were evacuated."
Harrison said the fire department arrived quickly and the smoldering filter was contained and less than 30 minutes later classes resumed.

Photo submitted

S M T W T F S
 
 
 
 
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Add to calendar
The Redlands Community College Lady Cougars held a 50-34 lead at halftime, which proved to be the...
I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope you're enjoying your week break — at least if you...
The Poteau Bandit fifth-grade football team will have a basketball tournament Dec. 6-7 at Sherman...

 

Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes