Skip to main content

Morning fire damages Poteau duplexes

November 27, 2012

A morning fire at a duplex located in the 500 block of Dewey Avenue in Poteau has left two families homeless.

Two families are homeless following a morning fire at a duplex located on the 500 block of Dewey Avenue in Poteau.
Both apartments were occupied at the time of the fire. According to Vernon King, one of the tenants, he woke up and smelled smoke so he woke his neighbor and told him to get out of the house.
No one was injured in the fire. Poteau Fire Department was able to contain the fire to the attic of the home.

S M T W T F S
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
 
 
Add to calendar
POCOLA — Tuesday was a good day of softball for the Poteau Lady Pirates as they got two road wins...
TONKAWA — The Carl Albert State College softball team suffered a pair of losses Tuesday afternoon...
COFFEYVILLE, Kan. — The good news for the Carl Albert State College baseball team was that Tuesday...

 

Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes