After having about an eight-year hiatus, several members of the Poteau High School family have gotten together and are in the process of arranging a Hall of Fame Induction Banquet on May 25, 2011. The All School Reunion will be May 26-27, 2012, which is the Memorial Day Weekend.
1. They must have been out of PHS for the minimum of five years. This will enable for the prospective inductee to present any collegiate achievements.
2. They must be nominated from one of the following categories: football, boys and girls basketball, softball, baseball, wrestling, boys and girls track, boys and girls cross country, soccer, all-around athlete and service to PHS athletics.
3. They must be nominated in the appropriate time frame. The deadline for the nomination has not been officially set as of yet. Once the deadline date is set, ample time will be alloted to allow for nominations to be submitted. When the time comes, a nomination ballet will appear in the paper. Those wishing to submit nominations will be asked to give all pertinent information, i.e. yards gained, shooting percentage, home runs, saves, championships won, special recognition and awards that will add credence to the nominee's election into the Poteau Hall of Fame.
4. All nominations will be reviewed and scrutinized by the board, and the applicant must receive a unanimous vote of the committee.
5. If the nominee fails to receive a unanimous vote of the committee, their names must be re-submitted to the committee in future years.
For additional information or find out how to submit nominations, call Jim Marsh at (918) 839-0394.