Celtic Cheer perfectly describes Timothy O’Brian’s Celtic Cheer Band which will be performing at the Runestone Viking/Celtic Festival on April 20-21 at Runestone Park in Heavener.
Once described as “joyous noise” by the Tulsa World, Timothy O’Brian’s Celtic Cheer has made thousands of fans lives, well … more cheerful by entertaining them in a broad variety of venues from the Oklahoma House of Representatives, Tulsa Scottish Festival, Blue Grass Chili Festival, Oklahoma City’s St. Patrick’s Day events, Tulsa, Eureka Springs, Claremore, and many other large scale events.
Performing in Oklahoma and Arkansas, they put a delightful twist on traditional Celtic music intermixed with rock, pop, and country classics that peek out between tongue-in-cheek Scottish and Irish rebel songs that their fans seem to love hearing again and again.
Featuring one of the most unique Celtic sounds thanks to an English horn (euphemistically called the Scottish blaster in disdain for all things British), this group of kilted musicians have a knack of involving the crowd.
Timothy O’Brian’s Celtic Cheer includes the following professional musicians, providing a wide variety of musical experiences:
• Julia Wantland (vocals) is an incredible talent and has a great future. She has been in a variety of bands and covers your favorite female vocalists and brings a smile to audiences.
• Tim Wantland (tin whistle and vocals) is the world’s largest leprechaun and the leader of this group of insane troubadours.
• Brian McGuire (bass and vocals) should be the poster child for attention deficit disorder, whose unique blend of singing and antics confuse and captivate members of the band and the audience alike. Brian has been performing for over 30 years.
• Bryan Spencer (guitar and vocals) is an accomplished musician with over 20 years experience in rock blues and country bands in the greater Tulsa area.
• Bob Hawkins (percussion) has played in most of Bryan Spencer’s bands and has a long history of laying down the rhythm for a wide variety of music.
• Carl McGuire (English horn) has an extensive history of music training, playing with the U.S. Army band and on U.S.O. tours with Bob Hope, Lou Rawls, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, and performing for every U.S. President from Richard Nixon to George H. Bush. He has also played opening ceremonies for the Boston Red Sox, and the opening of the Preakness.
For information on the Runestone Viking/Celtic Festival call (918) 653-2241 or check on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Heavener-Runestone/119474274794176 .