Carter, Bosley named 2022 Veteran's Day Parade grand marshals; pre-parade breakfast being served Saturday morning at LeFlore County Museum
William "Robert" Carter and Donald Bosley have been named the grand marshals of the 2022 Poteau Veteran's Day Parade, which will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday. Line-up will begin at 9 a.m. at Carl Albert State College, with walkers who wish to participate being able to get organized at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Center parking lot.
Carter was born Sept. 9, 1946, in Sikeston, Mo., to Albert and Lena Carter. After graduating from Spiro High School, Robert enlisted in the Navy at age 19. While home on leave, before his first tour, Robert married his love, Joyce Myers. Robert and Joyce were blessed with two children — Carry Carter who was born in 1970 and Eric Carter who was born in 1973.
Recommended for you
- Williams new Panama postmaster
- Deadline for absentee ballots for April 4 election is Monday
- Active COVID cases continue dropping in county, still 112 deaths reported
- Gun Show this Saturday & Sunday in Antlers
- Antlers Twentieth Century Club Assists Community Students
- Whitesboro softball sweeps Sentinel, plus Thursday baseball scores
- 2022-23 LeFlore County area basketball end-of-season records
- Sports Maven: A long gaze back at basketball playoffs
- Dolly Parton Imagination Library coming to LeFlore County
- The Circus is Coming to Town!
- One person dead after shooting in Pocola
- OTC executive director trying to make things better for taxpayers, employees
- USDA Rural Development makes $50 million loan to Arkansas Valley Electric Cooperative to help customers with improved electricity capabilities
- Red Oak man loses life in accident near Talihina
- Watch the Big Top Go Up in Antlers THIS FRIDAY!!!
- Eighth annual Trivia Night happening Saturday night at Kiamichi Tech
- OSDH reporting active COVID cases dropping, deaths still at 112 in LeFlore County
- Brecheen lets town meeting attendees know the need for cutting spending
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.